Re: [LUG] link with computer shop

I could make it to Penzance when would it be. I have not been to any lug meetings since moving down from scotland.

On 02/07/07, Paul Sutton < zleap@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
james kilty wrote:
> Hello all
>
> I called into Penzance Computers today on another matter, talked to
> Stephen Roddha and asked his interest in GNU/Linux. He runs Ubuntu on
> one machine at least. I then asked if he would be willing to support a
> session to promote GNU/Linux and he said yes. I said I'd next contact
> members of the List and come back to him to discuss the idea further.
>
> He runs an Internet cafe and repair shop together on the other side of
> the road to his accessories shop. It runs a dozen or more computers. I
> did say it might involve dual booting machines and he did not turn a
> hair. The space is not ideal for large numbers of people but would
> comfortably handle 6 or more around a machine to get the demos and
> discussions. I did not talk money as he charges for the use of machines
> and would presumably wish to do the same for hiring if people wanted
> practice in the shop and assistance, which would be the ideal. But at
> least we could demo a Live CD/dvd and dish them out.
>
> What do you think?

Sounds like a good idea,  feel free to download some of the posters /
flyers from my website www.zleap.net, to promote the lug too, as I would
expect people will want help / advice if they take a cd away with them.

Paul