Re: [LUG] Say NO toMicrosoft Office becoming an ISO Standard

Matthew Fairtlough wrote:
> I'm a tutor with the Open University and it is sad to say but in most
> (but not all) cases you would get a (possibly polite) notice from your
> tutor saying that the document _must_ be submitted in doc format for it
> to be marked.
On a similar note: One of our tutors in uni *repeatedly* told us
*beforehand* not to use DOCX format as she can't read it on her PC.
Some did anyway so I sympathise with lecturers who make that kind of
reasonable request only to have it ignored.  I said to her after 'How
many times did you tell us NOT to use DOCX?'  She just sighed and said
'I know.. I give up!'

Kind regards,

Julian