Re: [LUG] DCWUG?

> Good point. I'm was thinking at aiming it around Intermediate level
> users, those who know Windows Update, Wireless Networking, Anti Virus
> and Office etc, plus supporting people who are interested or already
> involved with Windows Servers.
>
> Seconded also on the suggestion about supporting f/oss software too.
>
> Any other people want to join in?
>
> Ruairi

Well I am up for this,   are you planning on having a website to go with
this,?  We would also need to look into promoting the group early on,
perhaps also contact selected small local businesses involved with IT
support and get them on board (there are quite members of the lug that
may be interested here),  so any one asking for a service can be put in
touch with a reputable company,  or get advice.

If its Devon / Cornwall based then it should support local business,
and help OUR local economy.  However at the same time if someone does
ask about getting MS software,  we should be able to suggest OSS
alternatives,  for example a school student, stuck with MS works, could
use openoffice and save as MS office file formats for school etc.
Rather than spending lots of money on MS office.  Just a thought but at
least they can be given a choice, any company would then not have to
worry about support as it could be done via the user group.

When / how quickly can you have something set up?

Paul

Paul

--
Events

Linuxbierwanderung - Torbay Mini Linux Beer Hike
28th / 29th July 2007
http://www.linuxbierwanderung.org/
Follow torbay mini LBW link.

http://www.openoffice.org