Re: [LUG] Scanners that work

christopher.berry1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Posted by "Berry Christopher" <christopher.berry1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>

> Does anyone out there know of a brand new, off the shelf scanner that will work in
> Ubuntu - I have spent days trying to get my Epson 2480 to work but failed - I've
> followed many 'threads of advice' from several forums, but to no avail! In my
> defence, it is listed as difficult!!
> Ubuntu state that any 'new scanner' will probably run automatically on connection
> - so does any kind soul know of a here and now scanner that will do this?
> Yours ingratitude,
> Grandad Berry.

Epson GT7000 - not a brand new model but I have one, it works perfectly
in Linux and there is a separate dedicated attachment for slides and
negatives.

Ebay have one going at 10:22 tomorrow.

Item: 330127746155

Unfortunately the model being sold is SCSI and mine is USB (I think
there are S and U models but for some reason the letters are never
quoted), however they are very good quality :)

Kind regards,

Julian