Re: [LUG] internet e-mail archive

On Sunday 03 June 2007 21:28, Paul Sutton wrote:
> email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> http://www.newhotmail.co.uk/emailbritain/
>
> this got me thinking on how many mails are stored in the lug archive.
>
> May be worth sending in a few lug mails,  discussing problems with windows
> and how they have been solved with Linux or perhaps discussions on software
> patents, drm etc

This is a Microsoft-run project - such e-mails have zero chance of being
included.

In any case:
"By submitting your Email to us as described in paragraph 5 you hereby (i)
grant to Microsoft a worldwide, fully paid-up, exclusive, royalty-free,
sub-licensable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute,
modify, prepare derivative work of, display and perform the Email you submit
to us in connection with the Campaign and Microsoft’s business, including
without limitation as described in these Terms and for promoting and
redistributing part or all of the Campaign in any media formats and through
any media channels; and (ii) waive in perpetuity in respect of the Email the
benefits of any provision of law known as moral rights or any similar law in
any country."

Puts me off somewhat...

David.

--