Re: [LUG] What a vista & more

Neil Stone wrote:
> Step 1, go to Trago mills.. buy a PCI wifi card of brand "Sweex" it's an
> Atheros chipset.. works in Linux easier than in Windows (typical eh ?)

The amount of network cards I have that even WinXP Pro does not pick up
but Linux does is unbelievable. The most annoying one has to be the
integrated one on my new PC. After installing windows and finding that I
had to get drivers for my network card I promptly rebooted into Linux
and forgot about it- until today when I wanted to play a game. The
problem was that I had left getting the driver so long that my 30 day
activation period had run out.
So I couldn't install the network card drivers because it wouldn't let
me log in.
Needless to say I was forced to use the phone system. Horrible.

I'm sure M$ are going to use this as a way of forcing people to move
from XP to Vista in a few years.

Buying computer hardware from Trago Mills? Must remember that one...