Re: [LUG] Monitors

Richard Brown wrote:

> However, the monitor is wrongly configured and I
> can't see a gui tool to reconfigure! Can anybody help please?

The command to change the monitor setting is (I think);

dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg

That'll have to be run as "root".
Try also "dpkg-reconfigure -plow xserver-xorg".

You should be able to find the graphics card using;

lspci

Which will enumerate the devices on the PCI bus.

Might be worth posting the output of lspci before you fiddle further, as
it seems odd to me that it wasn't just detected correctly.