Re: [LUG] HSBCnet and Firefox (Iceweasel)

On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 01:16:46PM +0100, David Johnson wrote:

> It's also possible that the site is serving you something different because
> it's detected that you're using Firefox and/or Linux, in which case using the
> User Agent Switcher[1] to set the User-Agent to Windows+IE may help.

No joy. But thanks, I feel that the user-agent will prevent other problems

> > PS received the following from HSBC: "Unfortunately you won't be able to
> > access to HSBCNet using Linux our technical department just confirmed to
> > me that HSBCNet is not compatible with Linux." ....
> >

> Time to look for a new bank?

Not yet: in looking at www.java.com, I get the following message

    Oops! You don't have the recommended Java installed.  Your Java version
    is 1.6.0. Please click the button below to get the recommended Java for
    your computer.

I wonder if I have the wrong setup and whether I would be better in
removing debian non-free alltogether and installing java from the sun
website

--
Henry
Fri Jun  1 14:30:54 BST 2007