D&C GLug - Home Page

[LUG] HSBCnet and Firefox (Iceweasel)

Until fairly recently I have always been able to use firefox with HSBCnet
(the corporate internet banking system from HSBC)

Now I cannot: I can login but I cannot get pass the Security Pass
Authentication screen (and yes: the authentication works on IE and on my
Nokia. More to the point my firewall is not blocking access: been caught
too many times on that)

Has anyone else had this problem?

In the error console of firefox there were the following error messages

Error: document.getElementById("calendarSelector") has no properties
Source File:
Line: 634

Error: document.all has no properties
Source File:
Line: 1

Any assistance, greatly received. (I have contacted HSBC to see if they can
shed any light)

System: Debian Lenny

Fri Jun  1 09:17:44 BST 2007