[LUG] HSBCnet and Firefox (Iceweasel)

Until fairly recently I have always been able to use firefox with HSBCnet
(the corporate internet banking system from HSBC)

Now I cannot: I can login but I cannot get pass the Security Pass
Authentication screen (and yes: the authentication works on IE and on my
Nokia. More to the point my firewall is not blocking access: been caught
too many times on that)

Has anyone else had this problem?

In the error console of firefox there were the following error messages

Error: document.getElementById("calendarSelector") has no properties
Source File:
http://a248.e.akamai.net/7/248/3622/3c2b63b0bbec91/www.markets.img.hsbc.com/js/hover.js
Line: 634

Error: document.all has no properties
Source File:
https://www.login.hsbc.com/code/public/en_US/login/cam2password.jhtml?source=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.markets.hsbc.com%2F&partnerid=TCM&subdomain=0&username=henrybrem
Line: 1

Any assistance, greatly received. (I have contacted HSBC to see if they can
shed any light)

System: Debian Lenny

--
Henry