Re: [LUG] Data centres - money mouth etc

Hi Mark

On 28/05/07, Mark Jose <kernowyon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Erm... isn't Hinkley Point in Somerset?  But so is the Severn! As for its
> pollution point, well, I think I prefer carbon dioxide to what that contains!
> Wave power is a good green power source I should suspect. Living on the North
> Cornish Coast as a boy and watching the constant swell crashing onto the
> rocks, I believe that is a serious contender. Shame that so far it has been
> very much ignored.

You will  be pleased to know that a guy I know is currently doing
exactly that. They already have a large turbine just off South Wales
for the purpose of testing. The big problem they have is that the
turbine must be fail-safe. They only have a very small window each
year to either install or maintain the turbines. But the project is
very much going ahead with the grants etc they now have.
<http://www.tidalgeneration.co.uk/index.html>
--
Rich
http://www.cregy.co.uk