Re: [LUG] Open Office Recovery WAS: Holsworthy Memorial Hall

On 5/20/07, Terry Hill <telbonic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hmm sorry mate, it sounded like a stack issue popping it's head back
over the parapet, as a friend off-list had a similar problem a while
back.

All I can suggest is if you can replicate the issue, report the bug,
and maybe go back to an earlier version that doesn't give you the
problem if it's a pain.  Of course, if you're not using the latest
build it may well be worth trying that first.

Sorry I can't help more!

On 19/05/07, Robin Menneer <robinmenneer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 5/18/07, Terry Hill <telbonic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:
> > Sorry it's taken a while to get back to you - can you try the following:
> >
> > start Impress / Draw, click on 'Window/New'.
> > save the (new) doc, create an object ( e.g. a rectangle or whatever),
> > then reload, click yes.
> > does it crash?
>
> No, just loaded a blank Draw screen.
>  I think that I precipitated a file recovery when I reversed the scroll
> button from moving the cursor downward to upward.  I'm afraid that I tend to
> do this smartly.  This may not be the reason for requiring file recovery,
> but I'm fairly sure that it is is what happened last time.  The mouse is a
> MS with 2 buttons and a scroll wheel.  Do you want me to go on
> experimenting?    Robin

> getting?

> Ubuntu
> > > on
> time,
> > > it's
> http://www.dcglug.org.uk/linux_adm/list-faq.html

> http://www.dcglug.org.uk/linux_adm/list-faq.html
> > > > >

> > > The laptop is a  Compaq Armada M700 and may be more than six years old.
> > > had an earlier version of OO which didn't hang up and then bring in the
> > > recovery routine.  I look for a common feature without success except
> that
> > > the file recovery mode usually appears when I am in Draw.
> > > How the different business with the Applications &c menu being at the
> bottom
> > > of the screen came about I have no idea at all except I was in Draw
> doing
> > > nothing special.  Robin

Thanks for info.  Yes, I've been hearing  about stack overflow since 1972 and had hoped that it had bitten the dust.  I'll do nowt until I have Fiesty on my mac mini with the latest OOo.  Robin