Re: [LUG] Open Office Recovery WAS: Holsworthy Memorial Hall

On 5/15/07, Terry Hill <telbonic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
How old is the laptop that's giving you the hassle?  I use OO on a
desktop & two laptops without any crashes/recovery (one of them is a
presario r3000 and the other an acer travelmate).

Do any of the errors have a common thread; what errors are you getting?

> > I take a lot of care to keep well away from MS.  I use OO with Ubuntu on
> an old compaq laptop.  The OO recovers quite happily most of the time, it's
> just frustrating to have to wait.
> > --

The laptop is a  Compaq Armada M700 and may be more than six years old.  I had an earlier version of OO which didn't hang up and then bring in the recovery routine.  I look for a common feature without success except that the file recovery mode usually appears when I am in Draw.
How the different business with the Applications &c menu being at the bottom of the screen came about I have no idea at all except I was in Draw doing nothing special.  Robin