Re: [LUG] Plymouth Venues?

On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 09:41:29PM +0100, Anton Channing wrote:
> I'm surprised to see that there have been
> no meetings in Plymouth since Plymouth Uni
> 2003.  Is there simply a lack of people in
> Plymouth to make this worthwhile?  Or is
> it simply lack of demand from the Plymouth
> membership?

There's quite a few in Plymouth who'd be interested, but we haven't been
able to find a venue. A while back I contacted the Uni about it (since
they're willing to let us at the computing society use the rooms after
hours, I thought they might let the LUG do so too), but they wanted to
be paid for it.

The university probably wouldn't be ideal, anyway, since the network is
fairly restricted - you need an account to use it, wireless or wired.
This works under GNU/Linux nowadays, but it doesn't help anyone who's
not staff or a student. (I don't know what it was like in 2003, since I
wasn't around yet).

        bma

--
Benjamin A'Lee :: bma@xxxxxxxxx
"There never has been, there never will be, and there is not now any man