Re: [LUG] Plymouth Venues?

Anton Channing wrote:
I'm surprised to see that there have been
no meetings in Plymouth since Plymouth Uni
2003.  Is there simply a lack of people in
Plymouth to make this worthwhile?  Or is
it simply lack of demand from the Plymouth
membership?

Or are there less formal meetings that aren't
advertised on the website?

Either way, if a venue is needed, I would
like to volunteer finding out if the
College might have a room to spare of an
evening.  I don't know if they do, and if
they did, what the requirements would be
in terms of facilities. I know the college
network has a proxy that blocks .zip and
.exe file downloads across http, but I
doubt that would be a problem for linux?
Some rooms have wifi access to the network
or so I've been told.  Again, I can find
out.

With summer holidays coming up, it would be
a good time to find empty rooms, but we
might even be able to find a room that's
available in term time.

For less formal meetings, I don't mind
hosting the odd group of four or five
in my flat.  I have a wifi network on
Virgin Media, with potentially three spare
ethernet ports if I unplug my LAN HD
(two free otherwise).  Although I'd prefer
to get to know the attendees a little
before hand, even if in a social setting.
Any one fancy a pint somewhere? ;)

Anton

I'd certainly be interested in a Plymouth meetup. Someone also posted on the Linux Format forum a few months ago about starting a seperate Plymouth LUG although I don't know what happened with it.

-Huw