[LUG] Linux Drawing Tablet

In addition to being a senior software engineer by
profession, I am also an amateur artist.  I've been
enjoy using GIMP, but find it quite annoying to use
the mouse in any kind of precision work.  I've heard
about these things called 'Tablets' and seeing that
some little ones can be picked up for £50 new these
days, I was thinking of getting one.

I am just concerned about Linux support with them
though.

Obviously I'd really love a WACOM, and I have found
an article about setting them up in Linux, so I
guess it can be done but its possible that, for now,
a WACOM is out of my price range.  So does anyone
know of a good cheap tablet, in the 50-100 squid
range, that is (relatively) easy to set up in Linux?

Thanks in advance,

Anton

(PS I just sent this from the wrong account, the
very next email after complaining I was having
problems setting up Thunderbird to automatically
send from the right account.  It bounced!

Resending from the right account! Arrrrhhh!)