Re: [LUG] PHP Error, Help!?

On 5/14/07, Jonathan Roberts <jonathan.roberts.uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > PHP should be deployed with settings;
> >
> > display_errors = Off
> > log_errors = On
> >
> > I'm guessing you see the errors because display_errors in "On", which is
> > a good way of leaking important data to random surfers, and in some
> > cases Google.
>
> Oh, OK, in that case I'll be getting in touch with the hosting provider!!

While I do agree with Simon that it's bad to display errors on a
public server, there is, of course, a reason why the error/warning is
printed: something is wrong with the code.

It looks like it's quite harmless in this case -the code seems to do
nothing more than read some settings for the sidebar from a global
variable and then display (part of) the sidebar depending on these
settings- but it's still not good to have buggy code. What if you, or
someone else, expands the website and builds a lot of code on the
existing one?

Did you write the code yourself?

Martijn.

If you've written the code yourself, you