Re: [LUG] php templates

Simon Waters wrote:
> Steve Marvell wrote:
>
> http://www.ukuug.org/events/linux2002/papers/html/php/#section_2
>
> "SMARTY" seems to be the most referenced, but I've never seen any in
> use. Most of the PHP I've seen hasn't been inspiring.

I use smarty whenever possible for php based websites.  The main reason
I use it is to allow designers / html guys to be able to do their thing
without touching the php.  The plugins are good, the debug tag is very
useful and the syntax is simple.

One thing I do change from the default settings are the start and end
tags.  Can't remember what they are by default but I changed them to
"<!--{" and "}-->", just so that smarty unaware editors would treat them
as comments.