Re: [LUG] Ubuntu & Vista

christopher.berry1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Posted by "berry christopher" <christopher.berry1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>

> Dear friends,
> I feel like someone who ought to be in sack cloth and ashes BECAUSE 'the old
> computer' finally bit the dust at the end of last week and I have bought a new one
> from PC WORLD - Acer Aspire small footprint variety - excellent little thing but
> set up in Vista Prof.
> Now, the crunch question is, will there be any problems if I try and dual boot
> with Ubuntu?
> Cheers,
> Christopher.
First of all, although not what you asked, I would try and get that
rubbish Vista off.  See if you can get hold of XP Pro and put that on
instead.  You'll see an instant performance hike, and all your hardware
is likely to run far happier.  Vista has known hardware issues with lots
of kit.  One of the things that sold my new laptop to me was that Vista
was only an *option* not pre-installed.

Second, I d/b XP Pro and Xandros (also Debian based).  No problems here
- I used KDE and LILO.

Kind regards,

Julian