Re: [LUG] php templates

Steve Marvell wrote:
> I'm really quite used to using Template Toolkit with Perl, but have
> been asked to do a PHP job. What's the equivelant?

I don't see any reason not to use PHP as the template language for PHP
apps if one is disciplined in separating design from content. Or am I
missing something here?

But then I'm still mastering TT, and thinking, why the heck didn't they
just stick with embedded Perl, as I don't really want to master another
syntax, and another language, just to write templates.

On the other hand TT has some very nice features, which I don't think
I've really mastered yet, I need to read more code written by people who
know more about TT.

http://www.ukuug.org/events/linux2002/papers/html/php/#section_2

"SMARTY" seems to be the most referenced, but I've never seen any in
use. Most of the PHP I've seen hasn't been inspiring.