Re: [LUG] Ubuntu Feisty Fawn

Mark Jose wrote:
> On Friday 11 May 2007 19:43, Tony Atkin wrote:
>
>> Mark Jose wrote:
>>
>>> If any (K)Ubuntu 7.04 users are around, I could do with a little
>>> information....
>>>
>>> Have you tried inserting a data DVD? Not a film, but just data - e.g the
>>> sort of thing you get with PC mags.
>>> If so, does it mount?
>>>
>> Hmm.. automatically mounts data dvds ok on my kubuntu 7.04
>>
>> If your systems are all different makes of hardware then I'm stumped.
>>
>> Tony
>>

> Thanks for the input Tony. Yes, all systems are different - a laptop, AMD
> 2100+ with Soyo mobo and an Athlon 3000+ with a totally different mobo.
> Does your system have more than one optical drive by any chance? The ones I
> mentioned all have one cd/dvd drive only.  The fstab looks normal - same as
> my 6.06 install and 6.10 system - both of which work.
> Mark

Something niggled - I reported things working on my system based on data
dvd-r's which I had burned myself but on the offchance I tried a couple
of magazine cover disks.  Neither of them mounted on feisty desktop but
both worked fine on feisty laptop.  Now _I'm_ confused.  Have to
investigate further.

Tony