Re: [LUG] Ubuntu Feisty Fawn

On Friday 11 May 2007 21:11, Tony Atkin wrote:
> Something niggled - I reported things working on my system based on data
> dvd-r's which I had burned myself but on the offchance I tried a couple
> of magazine cover disks.  Neither of them mounted on feisty desktop but
> both worked fine on feisty laptop.  Now _I'm_ confused.  Have to
> investigate further.
>
> Tony

Curiouser and curiouser, as Alice would say!
A few notes from my own tests - k3b recognises a dvd I created a few weeks
ago - listing it happily, yet the same dvd does not mount automatically when
I insert it in my drive. Manually mounting the dvd from the command line
works fine. Just on the off chance that it could be something to do with the
filesystem type (udf and iso9660 are both listed in fstab, seperated by a
comma), I modified fstab to use auto as the file type. No difference - still
no joy.  cds in the same drive auto mount fine.
Interestingly - and may or may not be connected - in the System Settings
thing, under Advanced > disk and filesystems (or whatever it is called), the
entry for my dvd burner lists its mount point as /media/floppy! It seems to
me as if the udev/hal/dbus systems are getting very confused somewhere along
the line.
I even re-installed 7.04 this afternoon - just as a quick test ( there was
nothing vital on the system). Still the same issues.
Mark