Re: [LUG] [OT] Can anyone recommend a good web host?

On Friday 11 May 2007 13:52, Andrew Spillman wrote:
> Julian Hall wrote:
> > www.easyspace.com :)
> >
> > Reasonably priced, Linux or Windows hosting.. :)
> >
> > Kind regards,
> >
> > Julian
>
> Thanks, very helpful, have I made a mistake in assuming that I can have
> ASP and PHP on the same server as easyspace.com says that PHP is Linux
> only and ASP is Windows only?
Not really -
You can easily run both on the same windows server - at a price!
I think the licences for ASP.NET and SQLServer (for more than 10 concurrent
connections - ie a 'web site') came to about £15K on top of whatever version
of w$ server was installed.
Or you can run them both on a Linux box - using mono for the asp(.net) side.
Zero cost!
Under linux php would run as an apache module and then mono asp.net runs under
its own server that can be redirected to from the apache setup. Thats not too
technical that just bad engrish.
Though I must confess I've not seen anyone that does any mono asp.net hosting
but  you can get a hosted server or virtual server that you can do what you
like with.
Tom te tom te om