Re: [LUG] [OT] Can anyone recommend a good web host?

PHP will run on a windows box, but I've never heard of anyone running
PHP & ASP on the same box, as they both do the same thing pretty much
- running server-side scripts that build web pages dynamically which
are viewed by the client.

I think regarding paid-for hosting the option is generally one or the other.

It is very easy to set up a local server to develop with which runs
only when you need it, maybe if you are learning still this would be
the cheapest option.