[LUG] Kubuntu upgrade

Posted by "John Hansen" <john.hansen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I have today from Linuxman received a "Kubuntu Alternate v.7.04 32bit install CD".

Before running it I would like some guidance being one of the less experienced Linux
users.
I have Kubuntu v.6.06 installed and would like to upgrade to 7.o4.
Do I just insert the CD in the CDdrive and let it install itself as I would with
WindowsXP?
Somebody was of the opinion that I need first to install v.6.10 before installing
v.7.04. This seems a rather cumbersome method so I would prefer to avoid going down
route.
Advice/help would be much appreciated.

John (Bude)
--