Re: [LUG] Thanks but there's more!!!!

>> You can't do that. Graphical applications cannot be run by root
I'm sure I've been able to run "sudo kedit" on my Ubuntu system. Hey Ho. I
do tend to drop into a shell and use "sudo nano <filename>" instead. On my
KDE, right-clicking on a file presents a sub-menu with "Edit as Super
User" (or words to that effect).

>>Why does everyone always suggest sudo? If you've got 3 commands to run
>>as root, you don't want to type the password every time. Use su. Now you

>>have a root shell. Run the 3 commands, then type exit.

True, I've used the "sudo su" command to get the same. Again on my Ubuntu,
the shell seems to cache the su password so if I run sudo and enter the
password, I can run a number of other sudo commands straight after without
needing to enter the password again. The cache seems to be time bombed so
if I leave my desk for any period, it drops back.

Mart