Re: [LUG] Thanks again BUT!

P.S. You only have to surf for a second to find that I am not alone in have probs with the 2480!!

christopher.berry1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Posted by "Berry Christopher"

Dear Pals,
It has been very pleasing to have several members bothering with my problem and all of the advice that they have given has been VERY helpful AND INSTRUCTIVE. I have managed to gedit etc successfully.
My Epson scanner 2480 (using imagescan -L) is recognised with the number 005:007, but when I try to acquire in Gimp using Xsane I get 'invalid argument' whilst if I try to insert a picture via a scanner in Word the prog crashes completely!!
It has become one of those infuriating things in which you feel your whole character is being tested!! Will you let the b****y thing win!
Is there anyone out there who has successfully got an Epson scanner up and running, and if so, how?
I wait with baited breath,
Sincerely,
Christopher Berry.
--