Re: [LUG] Are we too technical for our own good ?

On 10/05/07, james kilty <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-05-10 at 00:15 +0100, David Johnson wrote:
>
> > But there is of course the danger that it
> > would simply divide the LUG in two and result in there being a less useful
> > pool of knowledge for both newbies and advanced users to draw upon...
>
> As one who is new, I prefer to ignore the posts that are way above my
> head and let the rest filter into my brain. I often follow up URL's and
> do a bit of exploring to get a better understanding of what has been
> said, so, keep it as one List please.
>
> Perhaps new members can be gently told not to let technical competency
> seem daunting. We do set an example of helping each other whatever our
> knowledge. So, carry on saying what your level of expertise and
> inclination moves you to and leave us new folk to handle it.

Definately.

I'm on a Perl list for run by newbies, for newbies, and it's 99% blind
leading the blind - good advice is often unwelcome there, so much so
that at least one published Perl book author unsubscribed in
frustration.

A.

--
http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk