Re: [LUG] Are we too technical for our own good ?

On Thu, 2007-05-10 at 00:15 +0100, David Johnson wrote:

> But there is of course the danger that it
> would simply divide the LUG in two and result in there being a less useful
> pool of knowledge for both newbies and advanced users to draw upon...

As one who is new, I prefer to ignore the posts that are way above my
head and let the rest filter into my brain. I often follow up URL's and
do a bit of exploring to get a better understanding of what has been
said, so, keep it as one List please.

Perhaps new members can be gently told not to let technical competency
seem daunting. We do set an example of helping each other whatever our
knowledge. So, carry on saying what your level of expertise and
inclination moves you to and leave us new folk to handle it.

james kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk