Re: [LUG] Are we too technical for our own good ?

On 5/9/07, Tom Brough <tombrough@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Firstly this should not be taken as criticism ..,

I persuaded my mother to subscribe to this mailgroup, which she managed
to do without my assistance ....  but within two weeks she decided that
she could not follow any of the discussions,  and was too afraid to post
questions. I was saddened by her account, but understood fully where she
was comming from.

So are we too technical for our own good ?
Can we provide facilities that are less threatening to new / less
technical users ?

Tom.

--

I agree with your mother.  About 80% are too technical for me and of the remaining 20% most are political in content with perhaps 4% being within my technical competance.  Your Mother may be like me and not want to move too far technically - perhaps half-a-dozen useful packages relevant to one's needs.  Robin