Re: [LUG] Nedit

Neil Winchurst wrote:
> One of the things that I like most about kubuntu is that it is so much
> easier to add programs and to have them work immediately. When I used
> to use the Mandrake/Mandriva setup it was often hard work with the rpm
> files.
>
> However, for the first time, I have had a problem. I installed nedit
> using the Adept manager and then tried to start it. This brought up the
> following error message -
>
> X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
>   Major opcode of failed request:  70 (X_PolyFillRectangle)
>   Serial number of failed request:  382
>
> None of this means anything to me. Can anyone help please? I am using
> kubuntu Edgy.
>
> Neil Winchurst

Might also be  of interest to know that pclinuxos, what i currently use
is based on mandrake/mandriva, but has replaced the software updates
stuff with apt-get, which is what ubuntu uses (I think). Though pclos
has just released a new version and the repositories are still being
updated.

Dunno what nedit is, but the error would seem to related to an X
graphics library missing. Copy the entire error line and paste it into
google. This often does the trick, unless you've just invented a new
unique error situation - in which case congratulations!

Actually just putting "nedit errors" brings up a couple of pages related
to your problem. Maybe start with http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/1445

simon