Re: [LUG] Ubuntu Debian

On Sunday 06 May 2007 15:54, peter wrote:
> Hi Mark
>
> Thanks but I am afraid it did not work for me!  As I remarked the
> strange thing is that it (the wireless on my lappy ) works from the live
> CD, but when I install from the same CD it does not.
>
> I might try a Debian Install, but I will then have all that work getting
> the pen to work.
>
> Peter

Yeah, I spotted your reply to Ben on that. Most odd!
I use Kubuntu, and use wpa with my ralink based card. To get a connection to
work with the wpa, it is a case of creating one file and editing  another.
Not too hard, but, unless you know what files need dealing with, it is simply
impossible to connect.
Encrypted wireless connectivity is still not at the point which is needed in
my view in Linux. Once it is up and running, wireless here is much more
reliable that on the same pcmcia card installed in a Windows system, but
getting to the point where it works is sometimes a real pain.

Mark