Re: [LUG] Ubuntu and Dell could be illegal in the US

On Sat, 2007-05-05 at 16:04 +0100, Neil Williams wrote:
> > The use of the term property muddles the whole thing up.
>
> I disagree - it is "Intellectual Property" that is the non-existent
> concept.

To clarify: I meant - "in this context" i.e. about software and the like. It is b
ringing the term "property" into this context that is deliberatley (?) muddling
things up - as I said, for the benefit of those who are pushing the idea of
Intellectual Property.

> By being absolutely clear on what property means, it becomes obvious
> that "IP" cannot exist.

This we have to explain, time and time again, even (especially) to the
law makers and to anyone who thinks it has some right to exist, that
because people are using the term, it has to be real.

james kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk