Re: [LUG] Dead HD?

Generally whenever i've heard the old "whizzz-snick" the drive has
been toast, although once i left one doing it and had to go out and it
was running when I got home a few hours later.  I was able to get the
files off but it was the bin straight after.  I've heard a ton of
tales regarding getting one going from putting them in the freezer to
tapping the side when they try to spin up, but I doubt any of them
will work tbh.

Try shoving it in as the 2nd drive to a running system, boot & leave
it running for a few hours, you may get lucky.