Re: [LUG] Little bit off topic - The ZX Spectrum is 25 today!

As well as lamenting the loss of many an 8 bit "thump sensetive"
sinclair, this discussion has brought me to wish "the monster" hadn't
been sold.  Amiga 4000 with a warp engine 68040 + ram upgrade (cant
remember how much) and a seperate "486" (cant remember the form
factor) tower with four scsi hard drives attached with a homebrew
umbilical cable.

It was beaten hands down by a 486dx running windows 3.11 (i think, its
a while ago) for rendering lightwave frames.  Out went the Amiga and
the next stage of my addiction to computers commenced...