Re: [LUG] Ubuntu 7.04

On Sunday 22 April 2007 18:13, peter wrote:
> Hi Mark
>
> Thank you for your reply.
>
> I updated both machines from 6.10.  Both will now boot, my main computer
> will boot 2.6.20-15 (but so slowly), my lappy will only boot 2.6.17-10.
>
> However if I use the recovery mode, even if the boot fails I get lots of
> error messages, which should allow me (us?) to sort things out.
>
> I will probably have a session with one of them tomorrow, and if un
> successful I will annotate my results and ask here.
>
> Thanks
>
> Peter

If you don't get anywhere, I will be around all day tomorrow and am happy to
see if I can help decipher the messages.
I found that disabling some of the services I don't need (cups stuff,
bluetooth etc) helped speed up my 7.04 Kubuntu install. It was very sluggish
to boot until then. But it does sound like your problem is a little deeper!

Cheers,
Mark