Re: [LUG] Ubuntu 7.04

On Sunday 22 April 2007 15:34, peter wrote:
> Hi
>
> This is getting worse!  I tried upgrading my lappy to 7.04, and it is
> not rebooting.
>
> Peter

I must have missed the original message, so forgive me if this has already
been covered.
Firstly, is this an upgrade, as you mention, or an install?
If it is an upgrade, what version were you upgrading from? The Ubuntu upgrade
tool thing only works to upgrade from 6.10 to 7.04.  Attempting to go from
6.06 or earlier to 7.04 will fail.

Not rebooting? Do you mean it fails to restart at all or that you have no
display? Can you use ctrl+alt+f2 to get a command at another term? If so,
then you may want to look at your xorg.conf file. I installed the nvidia
driver on my 7.04 machine and it failed to set xorg correctly to the correct
monitor - easy enough to fix if you know how, but, as I mentioned to the
Ubuntu team, a real shock for newer users.

Mark