Re: [LUG] ftp backup

Robin Cornelius wrote:

> mirror seems to do the job nicely and has copied the site off for me now.

It is not an easy name to search for(!), you have a link?

ncftp is the usual recommendation I've made before, but it isn't pretty.

wget can do a mirror of someone else's site over http, I've used that
for ripping information out of various sites, as once it is local, it is
far quicker to hack with grep and friends.

FTP should die -- it has a lot of issues as a protocol, usually okay
with some of the good free software ftp servers, but historically ftp
has been very bad on error reporting. You sure there are no other options?