[LUG] ftp backup

Hi everyone,

Can someone recommend something for website backup. I need to back up an
entire site via ftp. The site I am trying to backup seems to have
*issues* and not play nicely with ftp all the time.

I seem to be able to login with the command line ftp program (and do
stuff) but filezilla (windows) and kbear will not connect. I get past
the login and  things just stall after that. Even the propriety app
contribute has the same issues. Also sitecopy (linux) will not copy the
site for some unknown reason.

The above problems are why i need a backup, we are going to dump the
hosting company and go to someone who has a clue, or at least gives me
enough access and a properly set up ftp server. The hosting company
while trying to sort out contribute keys have not made a total mess of
the sites permissions so that the files are all owned by two different
users (i have both logins) but what a mess (and no telnet/ssh to put
things right).

And the contribute thing is nothing to do with me, its just a mess I
have inherited!

Thanks

--
Robin Cornelius