Re: [LUG] Fast Booting / Embedded Distro

Terry Hill wrote:

> Im looking for something that's real slinky booting from a flash card.

When I looked at Wireless devices, there were various spin off projects
from the Linux Router project that would fit in 8MB flash card. I'm sure
these are still around.

Of course these days "flash card" can mean 2GB or more, the main concern
people have is not size, but number of writes to storage.

So how big is your flash?  And is it really worth your time struggling
to shrink it (I'm guess day of time ~400GBP, buys a lot of flash storage
wholesale). Bloat is both an economic and a technical problem ;)