Re: [LUG] Command up upgrade from ubuntu to k/ed ubuntu was Re: Ubuntu, Kubuntu which to start with ?

On Wednesday 11 April 2007 16:03, Robin Menneer wrote:
> So why wasn't it like this when I got ubuntu loaded for me, giving  me the
> choice and saving the aggrievation as to  which  version of Linux II should
> have ?

Would you have known which to choose if you had been given the choice?
Anyone who's used GNU/Linux enough probably knows which they prefer, and
would know to get the right version. However, most (if not all) newbies
would probably just be confused by being asked to choose between two
sets of software that they don't understand or care much about and which
don't have all that much to separate them anyway.

        bma