Re: [LUG] Command up upgrade from ubuntu to k/ed ubuntu was Re: Ubuntu, Kubuntu which to start with ?

On 4/11/07, Mark Brier (Lists) <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Jonathan Roberts wrote:
> sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop
>
> turns *buntu to kubuntu
>
> sudo apt-get install xubuntu-desktop
>
> turns *buntu to xubuntu...
>
> ...etc :D
>
> Hope that helps,

It's worth noting that it does not "turn it into something else" but
actually becomes both, i.e. installing kubuntu-desktop on an ubuntu
system would give you both ubuntu and kubuntu. In fact, on one of my
ubuntu systems I have both kubuntu-desktop and xubuntu-desktop
installed, giving me GNOME, KDE and XFCE.

  .~.   Mark Brier - Open Source Tech Consultant
/ v \  mark AT openitup DOT org / lists AT openitup DOT org
/( _ )\ PubKey - http://www.openitup.org/keys/markatopenitup.asc
  ^ ^   +44 (0)161 2422132 / +44 (0)7793 036840