[LUG] Digitopia Torbay 2007 update

This week has been an interesting time for the project. The first builds
of the live cd rolled of the "production" line, battered and brused.
Unfortunately other projects such as sleeping got neglected ....  thanks
to many on the irc channel kept me awake through the long hours and
suffered my apauling jokes with good humour.

make-live is an excellent tool (still under development) for building
live-cd's from debian. It may not provide the slickness of live-cd like
KNOPPIX and others but it has the advantage of allowing you to be
selective of debian packages and easy to configure. When this is all
over I will write up a howto (honest).

Unfortunately the project has suffered a setback, having decided to
create a local mirror to speed up package selection and configuration,
typically sid seems to now be broken (some problem with python2.4 and
dependants).  Going back to  fetching it remotely seems to  create the
same problem so I am pretty sure its not me (but not 100% certain), its
what you get for using unstable. I may switch to etch who knows.

Problems with locale and the need for a low latency kernel config for
Rosegarden persist but the locale is at least fixable.

Documentation for the live-cd introduction etc is like many open source
projects "in progress".

Digitopia Torbay 2007 live-cd will be ready when it is ready .......

A Beta (of some description) may be demonstrated on Thursday ..........

Tom.