Re: [LUG] Help needed with source code

Neil Williams wrote:

> someone with knowledge of Java needs to review the codebase and check
> for non-portable code as well as checking just how those .asm files are
> handled.

A quick glance suggests that the Java code looks pretty clean in terms
of portability.

It seems to use a file selector dialog for the file, so no hard coding
of Windows style paths or anything like that.

It uses the javax.comm stuff, which SUN don't have a Linux
implementation of according to the FAQ, but they link to a Linux one.

http://java.sun.com/products/javacomm/reference/faqs/index.html

My Java coding days are long gone so someone else will have to answer if
this works, I believe we have at least one Java comm using guy on the list.

As to the wisdom of modifying the ECU on a car, well I suspect MOTs
don't include code audits, and regression testing ;)