Re: [LUG] What open source contributions have you made this week?

On Thursday 29 March 2007 18:06, Tom Brough wrote:

> Can't say I have done much this week, however I have boxed up 4 computer
> system units ready for shipment to the cameroon, including flashing the
> 3Com cards with the latest MBA so that they could netboot through PXE
> using LTSP servers.

Beats my paltry efforts Tom! How do the rules and regulations about
transporting stuff affect the project? I recall hearing that the charges have
increased drastically in the last month or two for air freight - someone here
in Cornwall was talking on the radio about the increased costs of
transporting some childrens toys to Kenya I think it was.

> Also started looking at MorphingMorphix CD which is a great idea - if I
> can get it to work for the Digitopia Project (if I can get that to
> project off the ground as well).

I had a play with it some time ago - but I never really got started properly.
I must look at it again. I was working on a project at the time for a live cd
for a specific distro - I did manage to completely bugger up a good install,
but that was not MorphingMorphix' fault - it was my own "1337" (not!) skillz!

> Got my boss interested in gpg after our recent problems at TC. This is
> not running on a gnu/linux platform (unfortunately) but at least open
> source / free software is getting its foot in the door.
>
> Apart from that nothing much really.
>
> Coding = 0 but then its not for everyone
>
> Tom.

All sounds good to me :)

Mark