Re: [LUG] getgnulinux.org

On Sun, 2007-03-25 at 13:22 +0100, Matt Lee wrote:

> There are several good reasons to not promote Ubuntu to anyone.

Please will you summarise them. It is difficult for a newbie like me to
not promote Ubuntu, having found it works perfectly with no problems on
my laptop. The only other distro I have tried is Suse 10.0 on a slower
machine and Yast seems not quite so easy to use and its rather clunky on
an old machine. I do have others I intend to try, like Mandriva and FC
but am still in the GUI stage of learning.

I am so happy to be using Linux (and want to refer to it as GNU/Linux)
and encourage others to do so.

--
james
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk