Re: [LUG] OT - Novell Get a MAC spoof

I don't know if there's much you can do other than trying a different
version of flash and/or konqueror. (no tinkering i can help you with
anyway.)

as an alternative, I can suggest 3 handy ways to download the video.

http://vixy.net/

flvget  (a kommander script): http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=33973

or this bash script (no i didn't write it for you) which has the
advantage of giving it a useful name along the lines of "You Tube -
OMG!!! FUNNY KITTENS!!! LOL!!!!1.flv" rather than "f8w3or89jfoio8wd".

#!/bin/bash
wget -O youtube.html "$@"
url=`cat youtube.html | grep -i player2.swf | sed \
's/^.*\.swf?/www.youtube.com\/get_video?/' | sed 's/\".*//g'`
echo $url
outfile=`cat youtube.html | grep -i  \<title\> | sed 's/^.*<title>//g'
| sed \ 's/<\/title>.*$/.flv/g'`
wget "$url" -O "$outfile"
rm youtube.html

just make sure you don't have a file called "youtube.html" you want to keep.