Re: [LUG] getgnulinux.org

On 3/24/07, Neil Williams <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 20:47:56 +0000
Matt Lee <mattl@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Rob Beard wrote:
>
> > Apologies if this has already been posted, but I noticed this on
> > the Ubuntu-UK mailing list and I thought it might be of interest...
>
> Shame this promotes distributions that promote non-free software,
> such as Ubuntu. It makes it impossible for projects like the GNU
> Project to promote such efforts.
>
> matt

Matt, we do need to be realistic, there IS NO newbie-friendly OS that
meets those criteria.

To be fair, Ubuntu is little more newbie-friendly than Debian.
It is also (until 7.04) equally as proprietary, with exception to the (acceptable imo where no free alternative exists) bundled proprietary drivers for some hardware...

Nevertheless, I too was not under the impression that people who use the term "GNU/Linux" would ever promote Ubuntu.

--
Ben Goodger
#391382