Re: [LUG] GNU Make help

Tom Potts wrote:
> I haven't played with it but an important thing to remember is that make only
> 'makes' things that need making.
> If nothing in the list of things used to build something, and a version of
> that something exists then it will not be bovered and not build it.
> You can try deleting some of the targets, or alternatively 'touch'ing the
> source files and trying again
> Tom te tom te tom

Yea, checked that, did manual deletes of all .o .ko and other .tmp and
.cmd files. Tried touching the files as well.

What i was trying to do was use the actual kernel make files and not run
 a custom makefile that needed updating when the kernel module source
changed. I think i have a problem with the build targets not including
what they should.

What i wanted to do was use a line such as

obj-m = net/wireless

to cause a non-recursive build of subdirectories. I know the kernel
build does this but i must be missing stuff.

I have also tried a recursive make with more sucess, by calling
@make -C $(KERNEL_SOURCE) M=$(shell pwd)/net/wireless

with more success, this seems to build the net/wireless target but
something is wrong for the net/mac80211 target.

I will keep going :-(

--
Robin Cornelius
http://www.byteme.org.uk