Re: [LUG] BT broadband

Hi Pete

On 20/03/07, peter <reply@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  The Draytek routers are technicaly nice, they are ugly,
>
>  Ugly as in not pretty or in the menus and ferreting out how to set it
> up?
>
>  Compared to netgear who have a more stylish box, i know its not
> important. It might be to do with the fact the draytek are a bit more
> "serious" with VPN server functions dialin dial out etc whist net gear
> are designed specifically for home users market. When you tend to get
> more serious pieces of kit often they look more industrial.
>
> The UI is quite complex but they have some complex features so not
> much you can do there. Basic setup is as straightforward as any other
> router.
>

>  Thanks for all the replies! I'm highly impressed, having just spent
> (wasted) three hours - THREE HOURS - on the BTBroadband helpline being
> redirected. Nobody there knows what a router does; one or two comprehend
> basic spoken English.
>
>  I really enjoyed diverting from each reply to look at the senders'
> websites.
>
>  Demon sounds good. I could care less if a box looks industrial - my
> microwave does, and it's now twenty years young and always works ...

I thought I would just respond - should have done ages ago. Sorry.

I have bt at home and phonecoop at work. I have used phonecoop for
three years and the service has been outstanding. Over the years I
have got to know the folks who work there and usually recognise who I
am talking to. The service is brilliant and I would wholeheartedly
recommend them. A guy I work with has just ordered phonecoop for his
home after getting it at work.

BT however, will not be getting my custom anymore. I will be gone as
soon as possible. Useless, useless, uselessssssssssssssssssssss.
Nothing more can be said.
--
Rich
http://www.cregy.co.uk