Re: [LUG] another waste of time for computers

On Friday 09 March 2007 23:03, james kilty wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-03-09 at 22:43 +0000, Mark Jose wrote:
> > OK - I installed realplay from the "commercial" repositories (the
> > canonical ones) and fired up the Beeb site in Konqueror.
>
> In synaptic I get:
> realplayer:
>  Depends: xlibs  but it is not installable

James,
Just looked at the dependancies for realplayer and, as you say, xlibs is
required.  However, the package realplay doesn't list xlibs as a requirement.
The realplay package is what I used. I expect the canonical repository isn't
in your sources.list  - it isn't one of the standard ones. Basically, the
packages in that repository are all "commercial" - some, like realplay and
opera are free as in beer, but a couple of the packages there are trial
versions - panda av for instance.
Anyway, if you add the canonical repository to your list and update the
package lists, you will find realplay will be listed.
The repository list to add is -

deb http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu dapper-commercial main

Mark